If you would like to have a speaker from the B.C. Civil Liberties Association for your meeting, event or classroom, contact the Association office at [email protected] or call 604.630.9748.
The following are examples of presentations that have been made by the BCCLA:
- Civil Liberties Post 9/11
- Surveillance and Secrecy: The War on Terror in Canada
- Civil Liberties and New Technologies
- Civil Liberties and Public Space
- The Impact of the U.S.A Patriot Act on Canadian Privacy Rights
- Privacy and Electronic Medical Records
- Intellectual Freedom for Children and Youth
- HIV Disclosure by Police and Media
- Racial Profiling
- Police Accountability
A speakers honorarium for these talks is appreciated. Honoraria for these talks work to offset the cost of preparing presentations and ensure that our education and outreach programs can continue.