Thanks to your support, we have been able to secure some major victories over the past year. This is a great opportunity to hear highlights, as well as key priorities for the months ahead, directly from the BCCLA’s board and staff. All members and members-to-be are encouraged to attend, and we hope to see you there.
If you wish to exercise your voting rights at the annual general meeting, you must have been a member in good standing for the three months prior to that meeting. If you’re not sure about your membership status, please contact us. Renewing your membership, or becoming a monthly donor, is a great way to help us in the fight for rights and freedoms in Canada! You can renew by returning the donation card included in this mailing, or you can renew online at www.bccla.org.
With your membership fee, you will help:
- Push back against Bill C-51 until it is repealed or struck down
- Challenge changes to Canada’s Citizenship Act that have made millions into second-class citizens
- Stand up for engaged citizens who are being surveilled simply for exercising their right to protest
- Host 200+ high school students for a day of civil liberties education and conversation
- Provide direct assistance to people who are affected by civil liberties violations
Help us save a stamp! Send your email address to [email protected], with a note that you’d like to switch to email communications.
Your support makes our work possible. That’s why it’s so important to us to know what you think about the BCCLA and what issues are important to you. What civil liberties issues matter most to you? What pressing Canadian issues do you think we should be working on? How do you want your donation dollars spent? Let us know what you think by completing our online survey at: www.bccla.org/survey
If you have any questions about membership or your current status, please call us on 604-630-9757, or email [email protected].