If you want to learn more about the current debate in Canada over the Supreme Court decision to strike down the old sex work laws, and the government of Canada’s recently introduced new laws surrounding sex work, we invite you to listen to the people who are directly impacted by these laws.
Join us for one of three ‘Community Conversations About Sex Work’ happening across Vancouver.
Hear an introduction to the topic and ask questions of sex workers in a casual, respectful space. The goal is to engage the public and give community members the space to learn about sex work and the effects of Bill C36 from sex workers themselves.
- September 17th we will wrap up this community series with a public forum featuring special guest Catherine Healey, who will speak about the model of decriminalization adopted in New Zealand. This event will be held at the Rickshaw Theatre.
- The evening will be informative and fun! Each event features a performance aspect, and a door prize giveaway!
- The event is free.
- Let us know you’re coming via facebook, we’ll bring enough snacks! See the Facebook Event Post here
- See the Facebook event for information about the unique speakers at each event!
– FIRST // https://www.facebook.com/
– BC Civil Liberties Association // http://bccla.org/
– PACE Society // http://
– Spaces //http://blogs.ubc.ca/