**Please note this is an administrative position. No fundraising experience is required. If you are interested and see yourself in the role but don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply!**
The BC Civil Liberties Association (BCCLA) is a non‑partisan national leader whose mission is to promote, defend, sustain, and extend civil liberties and human rights. Please visit our website for more information.
The BCCLA is seeking a talented Donations & Operations Coordinator to oversee the administrative aspect of donations and coordinate the overlap between the Fundraising and Operations department.
This permanent full-time position advances the BCCLA’s donor fundraising and member relations efforts, and performs periodic office coordination. The Donations & Operations Coordinator processes donations and tax receipting, assists in financial reconciliation, supports member and donor stewardship, administers the database, and sporadically organizes team appreciation initiatives. This role also supports campaigns and public education efforts in times of high intensity.
The right candidate will enjoy a variety of tasks from database management, donor and member stewardship, to financial tracking and procedures.
In light of COVID-19, this position will work partially in-person, in incompliance with WorkSafeBC guidelines for in-office work during the pandemic, and partially remotely. A laptop and access to all required platforms will be provided.
- Ideal candidates have experience in one or more of the following: financial processing, data administration, tax receipting, and data maintenance.
- High level of experience and effectiveness with online platforms, technology, computer applications, donor processing software, and CRM administration.
- Well-developed relationship building and interpersonal skills is required.
- Must be extremely well-organized, able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for civil liberties and human rights issues are strong assets.
- Lived experience of or experience (paid or volunteer) working on issues related to BCCLA’s mandate are assets.
What We Offer:
Compensation: Salary is based on the BCCLA’s Salary Structure, with a commitment to wage parity across manager-level positions within the organization. The starting salary for this position is $52,000-$54,600 per annum.
BCCLA also offers a holistic and competitive work package:
- Room for salary growth over the lifetime of all staff positions
- Annual salary progression for all staff, and regular cost of living adjustment (COLA) increases.
- Comprehensive health benefits that include an extended health and dental plan for all staff, spouses and dependents.
- Unionized environment
- Life insurance, Long-term Disability Insurance, and AD&D for staff, family and dependents included within health benefits.
- Health benefits starting immediately and not dependent on completion of probationary period.
- 20 days of paid Annual Vacation, plus an additional 1-2 week December office closure.
- 10 Statutory and 1 other paid days off every year.
- 15 days of paid Sick Leave, including sick days, family care days, and personal wellness days.
- A generous parental leave policy including a parental leave top-up.
- Annual professional development funding for each staff.
- Team-wide professional development and training.
- Team-wide staff celebrations and staff appreciation.
- A family-friendly, child-friendly, and dog-friendly work environment that supports flexible work arrangements and time in lieu arrangements with an emphasis on work life balance.
- A workplace where your experience and voice are valued.
- A staff team of diverse backgrounds that is committed and passionate about civil liberties, human rights, equity and justice.
Donation Processing and Data Administration
- With the support of the Supporter Engagement and Development Manager, lead the yearly tax receipting process
- Create donation processing procedures, track receivables, reconcile donations between CRM and accounting software, update donor database, process online and offline donations, etc
- Oversee general CRM administration
- Support engagement team on email campaign, email themes, email audiences, and web pages
- Other duties as required
- Oversee donor stewardship by responding to donor and member inquiries, calling donors whose credit cards fail to process, etc
- Pull and clean data for mailings
- Write and distribute content for two membership drives per year and contact members for renewal
- Other duties as required
Events, Campaign, and Publication Support
- Support the Engagement team in executing tasks associated with the AGM, fundraising events, webinars, and panel talks.
- Upon request, support the Communications and Outreach Manager with execution of digital action campaigns and annual report and newsletter production.
- On a monthly basis, complete the BCCLA’s internal visa reconciliations for five departmental credit cards.
- Backfill financial administration functions within the Operations Team upon request, e.g. during colleagues’ vacation.
Governance and Compliance Support
- Support the Operations Manager who leads in logistics for AGMs and Board elections.
- As directed, provide support with annual governance and compliance reports and filings.
- Contribute to a strong team culture by coordinating staff and board birthday/parting/occasion gifts, as well as organizing celebrations and social gatherings with support from the Outreach and Communications Coordinator and, as needed, the Operations Manager.
- Support the Operations Manager who leads in the administrative side of onboarding/offboarding of employees.
- On an annual basis, maintain and update the office Emergency Preparedness Kits.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, including scanning and filing to appropriate server locations.
- Other office administration responsibilities as requested
Please email a Resume and Cover Letter in one combined PDF to [email protected] with the subject line “Donations & Operations Coordinator”. Deadline to apply is May 7, 2023 at 11:59pm.
The BCCLA is committed to ensuring that equity, diversity, and inclusion are priority considerations, including in building a workplace that honours the particular experiences and expertise of communities marginalized through state violence and social oppression. The BCCLA strongly encourages applications from all qualified Indigenous people, Black people, immigrants and refugees, people of colour, working class people, and 2SLGBTQIA+ people. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify, should they feel comfortable doing so, in their cover letter and are invited to share how their lived experience would inform their approach and ethics in this position.
This position is normally based at our office in Vancouver at #306-268 Keefer St, on the unceded Indigenous lands of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and səlil̓wətaʔɬ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil Waututh) nations.